Friday, July 9, 2010

Why I Love Her

I have many reasons why I love Taylor. First and foremost, she is my daughter! Of course I love her. I love that I have a friend to go shopping with during the day. For now its good because she doesn't have tantrums. ;-) I love her when she smiles at me. I even love it when sometimes I am the only one who can calm her down. It reminds me that she needs me. I love how sweet and perfect her spirit is still. Having a child in my home has reminded me that I used to once be so sweet and perfect. Then, I got older and with age comes choices, responsibility and we can no longer be perfect, but at least try. Seeing her and being with her during the day wants me to try a little harder.

I love that in about 2 1/2 months we will be taking her to the temple to be sealed to her and that to me is amazing! I can't wait for that day. Life is too hard and unfair sometimes and I can't imagine getting to the other side and not having a forever family. All this hard work at least makes it worth it.

I am not sure if its because Taylor is still somewhat new, but I still find myself fighting back tears when she laughs or smiles or when I'm rocking her to sleep. I still also find myself asking what did I do to get so lucky and be so blessed? :-) I have had all these great feelings come over me and I think its because we are getting closer and closer to going to the Temple with her. I can't imagine having any other child in our home right now.

I'm so in love with this little girl...

1 comment:

Jorgensen Family said...

So sweet! We love her and are excited for your little family to be sealed for eternity.