Sunday, July 12, 2009

Just Some Random Thoughts....

It has been a busy summer! But I am glad and I prefer to be kept busy (especially while waiting for a baby). We had Tyler's family come into town for a family reunion. That was a lot of fun and it was great seeing everyone and finally getting to meet everyone in his family. We hung out a lot during the week (Ty and I had to work, so we got to hang with everyone in the evenings)

Then, we had Tyler's friends, Darrell and Summer come into town from California for a week visit. That was also a blast getting to hang out with friends for a week. We went swimming, to the lake, out to eat, I did some cooking for them, shopping, etc. Oh, Summer and I went to get a pedicure. I haven't done that in awhile, so it was nice.

Then, my family came into town. Stephanie, Kim and my parents and Whit came. Whitney is getting married August 8th.. the baby in the family! Weird. We threw her a bridal shower here at my house with all the old family friends from here. It was great getting to see everyone that grew up with Whitney and my parent's friends as well.

LASTLY, am I really old enough to have a niece wearing bra? I just got off the phone with my oldest niece and we were laughing about something. Then she said, "Hang on. I have to go into the other room." She gets into the other room and whispers to me that she is wearing a bra. I laughed and told her I remembered my first bra. Isn't that so sweet and cute? I think it is. I love that she tells me that stuff too.

That is all for now.

2 comments:

Suz said...

I just was looking at your blog and got the news that you are waiting for your child. I know this is a trial of patience, but know that it is worth it. It is amazing how it all works out.

I pray your "gotcha day" comes soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey--i haven't kept up with your blog...i'm a bad friend! But i saw that you guys got approved for adoption--how amazing!!!!!! Congrats!!!!