Saturday, August 1, 2009

Confessions of A Want to Be Mom

Still no word and we probably won't hear anything until we are picked, which is fine. I'd prefer the one phone call I get from the social worker to be a good one with good news.

I am pretty proud of myself and how well I have handled the wait. It has only been two months... so it isn't bad, yet. But I do feel like I am been patient enough. I have stopped praying for patient, I think that is what got me into this.... totally just kidding. ;-)

I have come to a stand still though with what I can do to get ready for a baby. We are pretty much ready and can't buy anything else, clothes, bedding, until we know if it's pink or blue!

I probably go into the baby's room once or twice daily looking at it and checking things out, as if I have forgotten what is in there, rearranging and sometimes just sitting in there. It may sound weird, but I enjoy it. I just look at the room and know that sooner than later the room will be filled with pink or blue, a crying baby and many late night feedings. I cannot wait for that. As tired as I may be, I so look forward to having a baby in our home and a baby that is mine! I look forward to being at home with my baby and I do look forward to the times that I can sit in my rocking chair holding my baby and feeding him / her. I think someone will have to pinch me. ;-)

All of this has been on my mind, obviously. Not a day that goes by where I don't think about the baby that will be coming into our home, as well as any future children. I have kept a journal and that helps a lot. One day I will be able to show our children just how much we loved and prayed for them before we even knew them.

I will have some fun pictures to post later this week.... WHITNEY IS GETTING MARRIED ON SATURDAY!! I am so excited for her. I cannot wait to see my ENTIRE family and my Aunt that is coming into town.

Until then.. have a great week everyone!

10 comments:

J'Nette said...

your post made me smile. you are going to be such an awesome mom. that baby is going to be so lucky. Patience is a virtue, hah, but i cannot blame you for being impatient :).

Steven & Lacey said...

Gosh, you know just how to bring tears to my eyes (: you are going to be a great mom. All the children that come to your home will be very blessed to have you and Tyler as their parents.

Diane said...

You never know what hurdles come a persons way in life, but it has been amazing to watch you and Tyler and the support you give each other. I know that you will be blessed with lots of tiny little feet and hands and that your patience will pay off. I love you both.

Jenni said...

Love this entry...one day your kids will read this and realize how much they were truly loved before they even arrived...your children will be so lucky to have you as their mommy!! HUGS!! PS--We use Enfamil formula. I used it for Caden too. Austin had to have a special formula because he had some allergies (thankfully he grew out of them by the time he turned 1). Costco is the best place to get the Enfamil--best bang for the buck! =)

Haylee said...

You are going to be a great mom and your attitude is so great!
Hey I have a friend that works for LDS family services in the adoption agency, do you want me to pass on your name to her?? I don't know if it would do any good, but it may be worth a chance?? Let me know, I won't do it unless you want me to. I went on the site and saw your profile.... you guys will be such great and deserving parents.
Love you!

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

Oh, Michelle. You're such an amazing person. You are so strong. There are definitely some very lucky kids in heaven waiting for the perfect moment to come down and be with you & Tyler. You will be such a great little mommy. I'm so excited for the day too. Love you!

Stephanie said...

Well I'm all for doing WHATEVER it takes to make it all feel better!! And all this will for sure make you be the best mom ever!!

I'll be the one to pinch you too! You KNOW I won't miss that!!

It may feel like its taking FOREVER but one day you'll look back and KNOW that when it did happen it was the perfect time.

cornter said...

I know what you mean. About it all. I know I didn't have to wait to become a mother like you, but I did the same things just checking and rechecking and being eager and ever so desirous of motherhood. I think that Heavenly Father will bless you greatly for your patience, and yes I would have to agree with you about that whole praying for patience thing. hehe. God Bless you both, you are in our prayers.

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

I found your blog on Whitney's blog roll. Hope you don't mind me reading.

i always sat in Viv's room. i would fold and re-fold her clothes. i would just stare at her crib thinking that one day there would be a baby sleeping soundly in it. you will be an awesome mother, michelle! that baby coming to your home is one lucky child.

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

btw, i saw jenni's post about formula.. if you are wondering what to buy there is really no difference in brands. i have to bottle feed my baby for reason beyond my control and i asked my pediatrician what brand is best for baby and he said they are all the same, becuase they all have to pass the same fda test to be on the market. so unless your baby has allergies and need a specific type, you can buy the generic brand and it works just the same, the only difference i have seen is the texture.