Friday, January 22, 2010

Haiti Children

I have thought a lot this week of the Haiti children. It is really sad to think of all the orphans in Haiti and the growing number of them since the earthquake. A lot more of these children are without parents now. I was reading on the internet that more than 70% of Haiti children are left on the side of the road once they are born and or once they have reached the tolder age. Parents are too poor to care for them or they don't want to raise them.

I am not writing this to be a Debbie Downer, but instead, write about how grateful I am for where we live. A lot of people have asked me this week if I would consider going over there and getting a baby. If only adoption were that easy. ;-) Overseas adoption is more expensive and you have a lot more legal fees and issues to work through. Plus, there is a freeze on all the Haiti adoptions because of the earthquake.




I found pictures of these kids on a Haiti Orphanage website. They look so sweet and happy and I know they will all able to find good homes. 46 out of 53 Haiti kids have been adopted out already from one orphanage and the remaining kids are in the processing of having their adoptions finalized. I am glad they are going to good homes.

As far as news for Tyler and I, no news. But that is okay. It will happen.

I know I tend to post about adoption a lot, but that is mainly what is going on with Ty and I. Not a second, minute or day goes by I don't think about the baby that is coming to us. ;-)

3 comments:

Elise said...

Oh Michelle! What a beautiful post! God is aware of you and your prayers...it will happen. I have no doubt the Lord has many blessings in store for you and your hubby. Plus that's one blessed baby that will have the chance to become yours!

Stephanie said...

What cute kids!! I'd hop on the next plane if I could!

So I check your blog all the time but for some reason I can't comment on your blog from my phone. I'm rarely on the comp anymore. Sorry!! I'll do better!

Diane said...

Your family is praying that it will happen for you soon as well. I love the pictures.