Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Something to Blog About....

Things have been interesting for Tyler and I over the past couple of years. We will be married 3 years this October and it has flown by! But shortly after we got married (6 months) we wanted to try to start our family. Well, anyone who knows us knows we don't have kids... yet. ;-) It has been a long process, much longer than I would prefer. But it's not up to us. So yes, we have been trying for 2 1/2 years and we have realized that adoption is the way to start our family.

As soon as we realized adoption was the way we were going to have our children, we instantly contacted LDS Social Services and began the process. As of now, we have our paper work completed, with the exception of a couple of things we need to do. We have our home visit scheduled and my understanding is we should be approved shortly after that. Hopefully they can start showing our file soon!!!

This may be a surprise to some or maybe you already know, but it's time I put it out there. My sister Stephanie told me "You need to post this on your blog!" And I have been meaning to the past couple of weeks, but honestly, I have been out of loss for words. I didn't really know how to begin to write about something that is meaningful to me right now (if that makes sense). I saw my sister adopt three beautiful babies and what an experience it was! And now, Tyler and I will be going through it. It's closer to home now that we are going through it.

This whole process has made Tyler and I closer and has made me realize that Heavenly Father is watching over me. I have had a lot of people say they were praying for me or praying that something would work, and sometimes I would think for an instant "Then why don't I have a baby?" But it was just that, only for an instant did I think that and then I go on. I still have my moments, but I realize that I have not been in this alone and I have handled everything pretty well.

I know that there is a baby waiting for us and Heavenly Father his telling him / her "Not just yet..." But I strongly feel that sooner or later He will say "You can go now..." and this child will be loved more than words can say.

I didn't mean to turn this into a sappy blog, but it's a happy one! Happy in that we are on the right track and doing what we need to do to start our family!!! I will keep everyone updated.

I feel better now. It feels good to write what is on your mind. ;-)

11 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

What a blessing you will be in your babies lives. I truely believe that families come in all sorts of ways and Heavenly Father knows which way He wants to work it for everyone. Please keep us posted, this is an exciting time. :) Congrats on the beginning.

Beth and Brittany said...

HI michelle this is Brittany Sedley , Marc's wife. what a great post! Tyler to Marc about your blog. I just love blogging. Its a great way to keep in touch. now that we know eachothers blogs I hope we do! :)

JAG said...

Good luck! We'll be thinking of you guys! :)

J'Nette said...

congratulations on the papers in for adoption! That is amazing! Having a child is quite the experience, whether it is from you or from someone else you'll love them the same. You will be an excellent mom! I'm so excited for you! May your new little one come quickly however that is!

Stephanie said...

I couldn't be more excited for you guys. You know I'm here for ya when you need an ear (and one who knows what you are going through)!! Its such an exciting time and wheather you blog about it or write it in a personal journal, make sure you write about your experience. I LOVE going back to what I wrote before we had Reese and then when we got each of our kids. I can't wait to be on this side and be there supporting you guys and watching you be handed your baby!! Words can't even describe that feeling!! We love you guys and will keep ya'll in our prayers.

Jessica said...

michelle,
this is such a sweet post. how great to know that you have a big sis that has been there and understands first hand. good luck with everything.
jessica cryer

Jenni said...

Michelle!!! What an exciting step you guys are taking!!! It's crazy how things work out---you just never know why things happen the way they do, but the fact that your faith is strong in knowing that you're on the *right* track is priceless! I was blessed with the opportunity to watch your sister go through their three adoptions and still to this day sit in amazement of how she handled all the emotions that went along with the roller coaster of it all. You are lucky to have that example and resource as you will now experience the same situation. HUGS to you guys...I guarentee there is a kido just waiting for ya...when the time is right! =)
-Jenni

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

I loved your post. It brought tears to my eyes...not from sadness, but from your strength, faith & testimony. You are an amazing example. I'm so excited you guys have taken the steps towards adoption. I'm sure your little one will be here before you know it! You and Ty will be the best parents & I'm so excited for you!! Keep us posted!

JasonandBritt said...

I am so happy for you guys! You are going to give such a wonderful life to the child you adopt. I'm excited that you will be a mom soon! You are such a strong and amazing person. You and Tyler are such wonderful people, I know you will be blessed. I love you so much and will keep you in my prayers.

Morgan said...

Beautifully said. Thank you so much for sharing. It is interesting to read others thoughts and feelings. We have gone through our own little struggles to get our family growing. It is all worth it in the end.

Beth and Brittany said...

I do stay at home with Logan. Its great that Marc makes enough for me to do so. You should read the book, In praise of stay at home moms. Its great!