The next day on the 8th we had our home visit with the social worker and helper. It went very well. They pretty much interviewed us together, a part and then together again. Then, they walked around the house looking to see if we were living in an adequate place for a child, it's clean, healthy environment and safe, etc. On the way out the social worker said she wasn't worried about us at all and that we should be getting approved within the next couple of weeks. Yeah! (That means they can start showing our file to birth moms!)
Here's a sneak peak of what we have done for a baby.... it was nice having it all done for the social worker to see. First off, the wall in the baby's room. Ty did this for back in February, one weekend when I went to Houston. I came home and it was all done! He came up with this on his own and thought to put light sconces on the back wall. He is very handy! The rocking chair in the picture is one I bought at an antique shop. I sanded it down, painted it white, and then did a brown stain over it. Lastly, Ty built me a changing table / dresser a couple of weeks ago. I have already had fun dressing it up making it look like a changing table! The social worker saw all of this and was impressed we had done it all and made the comment that we are ready.... we are for sure ready! We do need a crib and will get that sooner than later. The bedding and paint will have to wait until we know when we are picked and if it's a boy or girl.
And then there was Mother's day. I had a great Mother's day. I was so lucky to have spent the weekend with Ty, my parents and Kim and Steph (two sister's in Houston... we did miss Jen, Whit and Lacey though!) I spent a lot of the day thinking about how wonderful it will be to have a child.
Here is what Ty got me for mother's day...

And a card with some sweet words of love and encouragement that I will get to be a mom soon.
And here is a picture of us girls on Mother's Day... We missed you Whit, Jen, and Lacey! My sister, Stephanie, on the right, has big, red eyes. That is the camera... she really is nice. ;-) Haha.
That's all for now!



12 comments:
It was a fun weekend for me and I love being with you girls. Michelle we are praying for you and Tyler.
Love you tons.
your babies room is adorable!! You have done a fabulous job with it! i have been praying for you to get a little bundle of joy! You are going to be an excellent mom!
OMG, I love the baby's room! The trim work is amazing! The travel system and card sounds so thoughtful. Tyler sure sounds like an amazing hubby, I'm so glad he takes such good care of you!
I hope the rest of the process goes quickly and smoothly, so you can get picked! You're going to give the other couples some stiff competition! :)
I can't wait to put a little Simply Lulu package together for you (girl or boy!). Take care-
The baby's room is so cute. I love the rocking chair and changing table. Oh, and tell Tyler to quit making all of the other husbands in the world look bad by always getting the perfect Birthday and Mother's Day gifts. haha, just kidding! :) Ya'll are going to be such great parents.
25 nothing! I'm going to be 27 in 2 weeks...aaaggggghhhhhhhhh!
Your nusery looks SOOOOO cute I just love it. I can't wait for you to be a mom, you'll be the best ever!
Your babies room looks great! You are such a cute decorator and it helps to have such a handy husband! I'm glad you had a happy Birthday, a happy Mother's Day and a successful home visit. You guys are going to make such great parents!
Cute baby room!!! Can't wait for a cute baby to be in the room :o) I don't know about me being nice...my kids may have something else to say about that :o)
Happy late birthday! I was glad to read your words and thoughts and I know that everything will work out for you guys. I am glad the meeting with the social worker went well, because I know you guys will be great parents! Your baby room is adorable too! What a handy husband you have there!
Michelle, I'm so excited for you guys. I hope & pray it doesn't take long. You definitely are ready!!! I love your Nursery, it's so cute. I'll have to get ideas from you guys for decorating my new house! Lot's of luck to you.
Oh my gosh, Michelle, how cool! Your hubster is fab! :) The room looks awesome and what a sweet gift from him! I'm so glad you enjoyed your birthday and had a happy Mother's Day. I was thinking of you on both days. :) We're keeping you in our prayers. You'll be a mama before you know it!
Happy belated birthday Michelle! I'm sorry that I missed it! Hope it was a great one.
Love what Tyler did the baby's room. He is amazing. I'm going to have to hire him.
Good work on everything!
I was 25 1/2 when I had my first baby. I guess that makes me... old, hee, hee! But seriously, I'm so excited for you. Hope it happens soon:)
Post a Comment