Since Tyler and I have had a little (a lot) more than 9 months to prepare for a baby, we have taken full advantage of the extra time!
I have three diaper bags. The blue and yellow one was given to me, a girl was cleaning out her closet and had never used it. So she gave it to me. The brown and black one I got at the Pottery Barn Kids outlet. This was $15!! I couldn't pass that up. And the red and orange one is a really nice one Ty picked out for me for our anniversary.
I have 28 bottles, bottle caps, and different sized bottle nipples to go with the bottles. I knew someone who had had twins and she was getting rid of all of these bottles! Some of them had never been used, so I got them from her. I will wash them with soap, water and bleach and they should be good to go! I may register for a few more new ones, but I think this will give me a good start.
Lastly...diapers..... We have stocked up on a total of 1,160 diapers. Varing from sizes 1 to 3. I do have 3 small packs of newborn diapers, but I am not buying anymore. Those only go up to 10 lbs and I hear babies outgrow those pretty fast! Also a grand total of 1,000 diaper wipes. It sounds like a lot and is a lot of diapers and wipes to me, but I know this will only last a short while. ;-) Tyler asked me the other day, "we only will have to change the baby's diapers a few times a day, right?" I laughed. I remember changing my niece and nephews diapers just in time for them to poop 10 minutes later and having to put a fresh one on!
I could get a call saying "come pick up a baby now" and I wouldn't panic. In the meantime, we will continue to stock up on diapers Sizes 1-3. I wish we could stock up on formula, but that is a risky move considering we won't know what formula the baby can or can't take. I am hoping to be able to use Costco's brand of Enfamil. It is $25 for two large containers. (Is formula made with gold or what?) At HEB, Walmart and other stores, Enfamil is $20 - $25 for just one container! Our baby will not care if it has name brand formula or not, its all the same and I have even asked Dr's about it. Looking at prices only makes me wish I was a CEO of a formula company, they have got to be making tons of money!



8 comments:
Way to be prepared. I agree - you will go through those diapers in no time. In fact, Aliya is already going to move up to size 4 and she's not even one yet. Of course Kaiya never got into size 4... so I guess it depend on the kid.
You definitely are stocked on bottles. We have 3 total. You are ready!
Michelle this post is so cute! You will be an amazing mother and hope you don't have to wait much longer.
Good Luck!!
Ok, we will take a phone call any time now.
Way to get stocked up though, you'll go through those diapers faster than you know.
I love you.
holy crap!! I wish we were that prepared!!!!
I love this blog update. It is so cute.I cant wait for you and Ty to get a baby. I love and miss you!
way to go! i agree with the formula being made of gold thing! crazy! kaitlyn took the Costco brand (and any brand for that matter) just fine, so hopefully you will have the same luck!
It is wonderful that you are so prepared! I hope you hear something soon!
Wow, you must have been inspired to stock up on all of this! You did get a call that you weren't expecting, and now you don't have to worry! You were so prepared! You are going to be the BEST mom! I'm so excited for you to begin this journey! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment