Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lots of Thanks

I just thought I would post some thoughts really fast about my feelings for the birth mom. I can't even begin to express how much Tyler and I love her, because of what she gave us. I promised her that Taylor will be so loved, kissed lots, and given many hugs. I also told her what an amazing person she is. She is. I have thought about her a lot this passed week. I promised her that our bedtime stories would consist of fairy-tales, princesses, and her. Taylor will always know where she came from and what an honor it is for Tyler and I to be her mom and dad.

I can't explain it. But when I dreamed about what my baby would look like, Taylor is exactly what I imagined. Dark hair, skinny lips, and a cute small nose. Sure lots of babies have that, but I look at her and know she was intended for Tyler and I. There are times I look at her and just start smiling or let out a giggle. A nurse or someone will ask "what is it?" And I just say "oh nothing..." But when I show those smiles or let out those giggles, its because she belongs to Tyler and I and this is the baby I prayed for, we cried for and fasted for.... and she is here. ;-)

I go up to the hospital daily. I spend the whole day there and come home in the evenings. The doctor told me today that it is great to see a mom care so much for her baby. There are 6 other babies in the NICU with Taylor. 4 of those other parents are about 17 and hardly come by to visit their babies.

We should be coming home soon. I will post more pictures soon!

6 comments:

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

I love this post. It made me smile and fight back tears all at the same time. I just love you and am so excited for you and your sweet little family. I can't wait to meet miss Taylor! Lots of love!!

Anonymous said...

I seriously am crying now :) not that it takes much to get me to tear up these days! ha ha It just makes me SOOOO happy for you guys to have your sweet little girl :) Can't wait to see more pictures, she is so beautiful and perfect--and perfect just for your family!

Brett and Lauren said...

I love reading your blog, you always touch my heart and I love to remember how important family is!

Jennie said...

Congrats!! You are an amazing person and will be a great mother. Taylor is beautiful! We love you guys!

Andrews Family said...

Oh my goodness Michelle..I'm trying not to cry like a baby! That was very touching. I am so happy for you, Tyler, and Taylor :) I look forward to all your upcoming posts and to see her grow!

Stephanie said...

I hear ya loud and clear sista!! I still have those times of letting out a smile and giggle when seeing my kids!!